The past is exposed in the present with a series of photographs from within The Ancient House in Walthamstow, North East London.
The grade II listed building dates from the 15th Century and has undergone many changes over the years. Restored in 1934 and again in 2002, it has been used for various commercial and domestic purposes; at one time a tea rooms and another a cycle shop. The intimate views of the interior combine the fabric of the building with the personal effects and furnishings of its current residents. Marrying what has gone before with what is happening now, the images have an innate sense of the passing of time..